Candles and wax melts are some of my favourite products for the home, especially this time of year! There’s nothing better to make your home feel warm and cosy when it’s cold outside. It’s even more enjoyable when they look adorable!
Jekyll’s Candles* are a new, handmade British soy wax melts company, available on Etsy and I have to say, they win for cutest wax melt designs!
I am in love with the skulls, shells and cameo designs – they’re too pretty to use. I’m saving them for last so that I can display them. It gets pretty boring seeing melts that just come in round pots, it’s such a nice change to see some interesting designs.
The melts currently come in 5 scents:
- Vanilla – my favourite! It’s a warm, classy vanilla scent which I love. It isn’t too sweet and makes the room smell cosy.
- Gingerbread – I love this one too. It’s a subtle gingerbread, that fills the air with delicious spices without feeling like you’ve had a spoonful of cinnamon shoved up your nose.
- Green Apple – this is the only one I don’t really like. I can’t seem to smell it and I don’t know if perhaps the room I’m burning it in is too large, but I’m a tad underwhelmed.
- Black Cherry – I like this one a lot too. Again, it’s a grown-up, sophisticated scent that gives you a hint of depth and tanginess without being overpowering.
- Candyfloss – finally a candyfloss scent that doesn’t smell like pure sugar! It is still sweet, but it’s light and balanced. It has a hint of something I can’t quite put my finger on, but it’s so nice!
I got the chance to sneakily preview a possible future scent called Spice. I’ve really been enjoying this scent. To me, it smells like Gingerbread, except creamier and with a hint of chocolate. Another great scent for cold winter days.
In my burner, I can get away with using half of a melt at a time and it still fragrances the whole room! It makes them a better deal too.
The standard melts come in a pack of 3 for £3, whilst the cameos come in a 5 pack for £5. That’s really reasonably priced to me, especially when I can get 2 uses out of each.
To wrap up: they’re a sophisticated alternative to lots of highstreet melts, that can be a little artificial and overpowering. My top 2 scents are Vanilla and Gingerbread (you really should try those, they’re yummy). They’re also the prettiest melts I’ve ever seen and are probably worth picking up purely as decor!
I can’t wait to see what scents Jekyll’s Candles come out with next!
See you next time!
*Products received as PR from Jekyll’s Candles. All opinions and thoughts are entirely my own.