I can’t believe how much amazing stuff I used in May. I found it genuinely difficult to whittle my choices down to the elite few you’re going to see in this post. As before, I’ve divided my top products into sections so that it seems a bit less random.
We all have those days, or weeks, when life is just winning. It could be that you’re ill, stressed or just tired out. You don’t feel like doing anything and you’d stay in bed all day if you could.
I’ve had one of those weeks this week, so I used today as an opportunity to pamper myself and do the things that always make me feel better in the end. It’s nothing fancy or complicated, just stuff that makes me happy and relaxed. I decided to treat-myself-better (I think that’s a great play on words, I’m very proud).
To see what I recommend during these times read on
Sometimes, you feel like taking a break from what you normally do and venture into something a little more fun. Particularly in the summer. I decided I was getting a little tired of doing glamorous, grown up manicures. I wanted something, bright, cheery and easy, so I came up with these easy flower power nails!
I know they’re not to everyone’s taste but I think that even if you didn’t want to wear them everyday, they’d be great for a 70s theme, a summery accent nail, or even as a fun manicure for younger girls.
There are few things I enjoy more than a good mystery box/bag. And with the Prairie Charms mystery bags being just £5 each, you can’t really blame me for buying them all, can you? I’ve got even more reason to now, as they’ve introduced a loyalty scheme. Buy 5 bags, get your 6th for free! Not that I need another excuse to buy them.
I’ve been super impressed with every bag I’ve received so far and this one is no exception! Let’s look at what’s in here . . .
As I mentioned in the Versatile Blogger Award, I am a massive tea junkie. I can not get enough of the stuff. My day doesn’t start until I have a cup and I’ll go on to have up to ten more throughout the day. And I don’t discriminate, I love all tea, green , assam, chai, fruit teas, you name it, I’ll drink it. But, if I’m honest, I have a favourite: Bubble Tea! It’s tea in pretty much any flavour you want with tiny bubbles filled with delicious juice that pop it your mouth. Usually, a cup of my favourite bubble tea will set me back around £4 a cup. But, I’ve found a DIY kit from The Teashed that allows you to make two cups for only £5 and it’s a monthly subscription, perfect!
This months flavour was combo was melon tea with strawberry bubbles. Here’s what’s in the kit:
I’m so happy to be included in another awards post. I think these posts are fun and it’s nice to share the love a bit. Thanks so much to mrsdimplesbeauty for nominating me to take part in this!
Firstly the rules for the versatile Award
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link back to the post on your site announcing their nomination.
5. Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So here goes, 7 random things about me 🙂
1. I’m the clumsiest person ever. I have half of a false tooth from hitting my face on a metal bar in a park when I was 10.
2. I hated anything girly until I was around 11/12. I’d refuse to wear a skirt and you’d never catch me dead in make up. How things have changed.
3. I LOVE tea. Like, really love it. I’ll try all kinds and I drink 5 cups a day minimum.
4. I’m obsessed with receiving post. It’s a big part of why I shop online so much. I sit and watch the postman out of the window, it’s that intense.
5. I’m doing a drama degree at uni but my first role was as a sheep hosting Maaaaastermind at school.
6. Back at my mum’s house, we have 4 cats and 4 dogs, so many pets to cuddle!
7. I spend way too much time watching youtube videos. It’s an addiction!
15 Bloggers I would like to nominate:
- Tanya’s Runway
- Lil Rant
- Infinitely Awkward
- Sparkling Pink Days
- I Am Billie
- Reflections By Mirela
- Ems Little Box
- Fee’s Beauty Blog
- Life With Rossye
- Tea Time With Ciara
- Sophie In Neverland
- Fashion Trinket
- Beauty And Other Stuff
I can’t wait to hear all of your facts! Hope you all have a fab day.
See you next time!
Trends. They come and go. Some are easy to pull off and some, well, not so much. One trend that has cropped up recently is copper eyeshadow. It makes the eyes really stand out and intensifies their colour, particularly blue and green. I think it’s beautiful, but it’s easy to look a little strange with such a bold colour. That makes it intimidating for some. I’ve been experimenting to find ways of working this trend, so you don’t have to.
It turns out I own more copper eyeshadows than I thought. All are beautiful and slightly different, so I can justify keeping them (kind of). I think it’s important to look at your options to decide which will give you the look you’re aiming for. Here’s my mini collection: